The whole world is fighting the pandemic that is Covid-19 and it is utmost important that we all stay at home to protect ourselves, our family, the nation, and ultimately the humankind.
Being in quarantine is difficult, let us be honest. It isn’t that colourful nor is it going to be easy on our mental health, but, this could be that break most of us were yearning for. The time to read the books that have been eating the dust on your shelf, the series of your favourite genre that you were to binge on, quality time with your family and loved ones, some ‘me’ time watering your plants or lying on your bed with good music while you stare at the ceiling, whatever is your definition of a ‘break’, so be it.
If you are someone who loves to watch food-related series or movies (link attached), here is a list of 10 such interesting ones (personal picks, in no particular order) that could keep you company during the quarantine. If you do not have a Netflix or prime account, this is the time to get one or if you cannot (for whatever reason, it is okay), what are friends for? GET THEIRS!
- Ugly Delicious – Netflix: A Netflix original series about travel, food and culture hosted by David Chang. Real, no sugarcoating, and interesting
- Raja Rasoi Aur Anya Kahaniyan: Netflix: If you would like to know about the intricacies of Indian cuisine, this is a great pick. The voiceover is a real charm. 11 episodes with each episode focusing on a particular state.
- Chef’s Table: Netflix: A Netflix documentary series on the lives of professional chefs.
- Julie and Julia: Netflix: It would be a great miss if you follow the quote, “people who love to eat are always the best people” but do not know anything about the woman behind it!
- Chef: Amazon Prime: A comedy-drama about the life of a chef who starts a food truck with his son.
- Village Food Channel: Youtube: Nothing exotic, but a simple and humble approach to bulk cooking. The presentation is the key attraction.
- Dianxi Xiaoge: Youtube: A local Yunnan girl showcasing her cuisine through her youtube channel. Her videos will prove it to us once again that Chinese food is beyond soy sauce and noodles.
- Highway On My Plate-Hills: Prime Video: Rocky and Mayur eat their way through the beautiful hills.
- Ayla Jalyn: Roman’s cooking corner: Youtube: This 2-year-old whips up some delicious goodies under the guidance of his mom, an absolute treat to watch!
- Food n Travel by Ebin Jose: Youtube: Good food, local cuisines, traditions, and travel. With love, from Kerala.
I hope you find them interesting and if you do let me know in comments. If you have more suggestions, drop them as comments too. Let us watch, read and eat our way out of this pandemic.